The Festival is delighted to announce that a number of special prizes will be awarded to choirs in the school, national and international categories this year.
All of the special awards will be announced as part of the awards ceremony at the Closing Gala Concert on Sunday 29th October, St. Columb's Hall, 7.30pm.
- The Bernadette Kelly Memorial award for most promising school choir
- The Bishops Daly & Mehaffey award, presented by the Inner City Trust, for an outstanding performance in the school competitions
- Association of Irish Choirs Conducting Scholarship for the most promising conductor in the national competitions or a participant in the conducting masterclasses
- CMC award for the best performance of a piece by a composer from Ireland (all choral works found in the Contemporary Music Centre’s online library are eligible for consideration)
- Derry City and Strabane District Council award for outstanding contribution to the festival
- Bishop’s Gate Hotel award for an outstanding performance of a work composed before 1750 in the International Competition
- City Hotel award to the conductor of the most interesting and varied programme in the International Competition.