For anyone wishing to extend their stay, in less than one hour you can be at the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Giant’s Causeway or Bushmills Whiskey Distillery, the oldest licensed distillery in the world, while 90 minutes will take you to Belfast to experience the award-winning Titanic Belfast Museum, Crumlin Road Gaol and countless other attractions. To the south of the city lie the Sperrin Mountains in a stunning area of outstanding natural beauty and to the west you can marvel at the magnificent natural beauty of Co. Donegal, home to fabulous attractions such as Glenveagh National Park, not to mention some of the best links golf courses in Europe and the gateway to the spectacular ‘Wild Atlantic Way’ – the longest defined coastal touring route in the world!
Bordering counties Donegal, Tyrone and Antrim, Derry is the perfect base to explore some of Ireland and Northern Ireland’s most beautiful scenic locations.
Popular tourist activities in the city and nearby include:
- Walking tour of Derry including the city’s historic Walls
- Game of Thrones – Filming Locations Tour
- Star Wars: Episode VIII – Filming Location Malin Head, Donegal
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Antrim
- Peace Bridge, Derry
- Giant’s Causeway, Antrim
- Ulster American Folk Park, Tyrone
- Tower Museum, Derry
- Museum of Free Derry
- Bushmills Distillery, Antrim
- Grianán of Aileách, Donegal