Derry is the perfect base to explore some of Ireland and Northern Ireland’s most beautiful scenic locations. It is less than an hour from the Giant’s Causeway (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and Bushmills Whiskey Distillery, the oldest licensed distillery in the world, and just 90 mins from Belfast and its award-winning Titanic Belfast Museum, Crumlin Road Gaol and countless other attractions.
To the south of the city lie the Sperrin Mountains in a stunning area of outstanding natural beauty, and to the west you can marvel at the magnificent natural beauty of County Donegal, home to fabulous attractions such as Glenveagh National Park, not to mention some of the best links golf courses in Europe and the gateway to the spectacular ‘Wild Atlantic Way’ touring route.
Popular tourist activities in the city and nearby:
- Derry's historic Walls
- Peace Bridge, Derry
- Tower Museum, Derry
- Museum of Free Derry
- Derry Girls filming locations, Derry
- Grianán of Aileách, Co. Donegal
- Giant's Causeway, Co. Antrim
- Game of Thrones filming locations, Co. Antrim
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, Co. Antrim
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi filming location, Co. Donegal
- Ulster American Folk Park, Tyrone
- Bushmills Distillery, Antrim